THINK Interactive is seeking a User Experience Designer who has a passion for pixels and interactivity, is driven to create delightful and captivating experiences in a multi-screen, multi-device world and is fearless in the face of constraints. We are looking for someone who has empathy for users and is willing to advocate on their behalf. The successful candidate must possess a relentless attention to detail, a gifted eye for design and the ability to quickly grasp and distill highly complex matters. You should know great UX when you see it, and be able to explain why it’s great and how it could be made better still.
This is a pivotal role on our design team. The successful candidate will be part of a highly collaborative and creative team, responsible for developing experiential solutions that range from large corporate websites and intranets to mobile applications, embedded device interfaces, connected systems and even vehicle control interfaces. You’ll need a passion for mobile-first experiences and deep familiarity with responsive design techniques. You’ll work in close partnership with all key stakeholders, both internally and client-side, to deliver innovative experiences that are effortless, intuitive, and evocative. You must be a natural collaborator who prefers working in a team environment and isn’t afraid to grab a pen and take command of a white board.
The successful candidate will be responsible for researching, designing, and prototyping new user experiences across multiple screens and platforms. You will create personas, map customer journeys, gather project requirements, produce wireframes and other presentation materials (tangible and digital) that effectively communicate your ideas and bring your designs to life in ways that tease and excite clients while providing clear direction for the creative and development/technology teams to properly implement. You will translate client business requirements, technical requirements and user needs, into designs that are visually exciting, easy to use, and emotionally engaging. You will participate in qualitative and quantitative research efforts with users in labs and in real-world contexts.
- 5+ years of UX work experience.
- Bachelors or advanced degree in interaction design, industrial design, HCI, cognitive science, graphic design and/or visual design (or equivalent).
- Strong project management, communication, and presentation skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Portfolio of solid design work demonstrating the following:
- Abilities in hand sketching,
- Ability to deliver detailed wireframes,
- Significant experience designing for tablet, mobile and responsive platforms,
- A deep understanding of screen layout and grid systems,
- An understanding of icon development, motion graphics/animation and other visual design elements that tell a powerful experience-based story.
- Ability to develop conceptual models/prototypes from functional specifications, marketing requirements and various types of user research
- Ability to conduct user research using various quantitative and qualitative techniques
- Exceptional understanding of fundamental design principles (typography, composition, information architecture, content, graphic design, color and motion)
- Exceptional understanding of human cognition and interaction principals (affordance, clustering, consistency, coding mechanisms, usability, etc.)
- Expert-level knowledge of wireframing tools such as Omnigraffle, Visio, Balsamiq, UX Pin or equivalent
- Advanced knowledge of an interaction prototyping tool or tools such as Keynote, AfterEffects, Axure, InVision, Justinmind, etc.
At THINK, we work hard, we play hard and we design amazing experiences. If you meet the qualifications outlined above, and want a job that will challenge your creativity and intellect, then we want to meet you. Please send your resume, salary requirements and reference to an online portfolio, if available, to email@example.com.